3-GAME PLAYOFF FORMAT
In all games, each team will have 1 – 30 second time out. The clock will be stopped during this time.
· Game 1) 1st vs. 2nd place team get a bye (Friendly game that doesn't Count)
· Game 2) 3rd place team vs. 6th place team
· Game 3) 4th place team vs. 5th place team
· Game 1) 1st place vs. lowest seed winner from week 1
· Game 2) 2nd place vs. highest seed winner from week 1
· Game 3) loser of game 2 from week 1 vs. loser of game 3 from week 1
· Game 1) Game 1 winner from week 2 vs. Game 2 winner from week 2
· Game 2) Game 1 loser from week 2 vs. Game 3 winner from week 2
· Game 3) Game 2 loser from week 2 vs. Game 3 loser from week 2
*In order to avoid the same game repeating from week 2, we may shuffle the teams in Game 2 / 3
- In the event of a tie, a five minute sudden death overtime period will be played.
- If still tied after 3 periods, and overtime, the game will go to a shootout. Each team will take 3 shots. If the game is still tied after 3 shots, the game will go to a sudden death shootout. Each team will take 1 shot until one team scores and the other does not.
- Every player must shoot before someone can shoot for a second time.
- If two or more teams are tied, the GHL will use the following procedure to determine the final rankings.
1) Overall wins (wins x 2 points)
2) Head to Head wins (Tied Team A beat tied Team B before)
3) Most Goals Against
4) Least Goals For
5) If still tied, Coin Flip